Monday, September 10, 2007

Rob May Strikes Again

Rob May at Businesspundit.com now has piece on his blog with the Lucas worth title of "Viral Venom: What My Mac Post Can Teach You About the Negative Side of Passionate Customers"

In it, he makes the following claim:

I know a lot of people that have Macs, so I finally decided to give it a try. After a few weeks, I decided it wasn't for me, and I wrote about some of the things I didn't like.

He then goes on to decry the unwarranted reaction of some Mac users to his simple observations about what he didn't like. You see, in his universe, Rob is reasonable and Mac users are a bunch of venomous snakes ready to strike when someone simply points out what they didn't like about their platform of choice.

The problem here is that Rob is not reasonable. He didn't just simply point out things he didn't like about the Mac. He used half true, tired, worn out cliches to tear down a computing platform that some people dearly love. Of course, he knew what he was doing. He was looking for a reaction and he got it. But, he's not intellectually honest enough (or as I have posited, bright enough) to admit to his ruse.

I was going to point out some of the insanely idiotic things he put in his blog entry, but soon realized that I'd already covered that ground and that it's packed so densely with them I'd just end up reposting his entry here.

Since I'm sure he's gonna censor me again in the comments section of his blog, I'll post my reply here as well:

Sorry Rob, but you didn't just 'write about some of the things you didn't like.' You flame baited with idiotic and untrue cliches. Things like saying that the one button trackpad is 'the worst design decision ever made', or that 'Apple goes out of the way to avoid text', and 'Macs offer no advantages', etc. You knew what you were doing- making false statements about a product to a group of people that have been sick of hearing this kind of stuff for nearly 2o years. You knew you'd get a reaction and that it would temporarily spike interest in your blog. It worked and now you have the audacity to act like some Mac users are just venomous snakes while failing to acknowledge your part in the whole charade. You act as if the moronic nonsense you posted were just reasonable observations. Unfortunately, that's simply not true. You can censor me, but it won't matter. Smart people can tell the difference.

No comments: